Welcome to Education Service Commission
The Education Service Commission is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 constitution of the republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate.
The approved structure of the Commission comprises two Departments and three Support Units
- The Education Service Department
- The Finance and Administration Department
- The Policy Analysis Unit, Information Science Unit and Procurement Unit
Key functions of the Commission
The following functions of the Commission are spelt out in Section 8 of the Education Service Act, 2002
- To advise the President in performing his or her functions in relation to the Education Service as stipulated under Article 172 of the Constitution.
- To appoint persons to hold or act in any office in the Education Service, to confirm such appointments, to exercise disciplinary control over such persons and to remove them from office.
13th, October 2014
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the posts that have fallen vacant in the Ministry of Education & Sports.
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Education Service Commission (ESC) Form 3 (1998), to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, P. O. Box 7196 Kampala NOT LATER THAN 27TH OCTOBER 2014. The ESC Form 3 (1998) is obtainable from Education Service Commission 1st Floor Farmers House, Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala or Ministry Of Education and Sports Kampala or District Service Commission Offices.
26th, August 2014
17th, July 2014
Shortlisted applicants for aptitude test for candidates who applied for posts in National Teachersí Colleges
The Secretary, Education Service Commission invites the under listed candidates who applied for posts in National Teachersí Colleges to come for aptitude test on Friday, 25th July 2014, at Uganda Management Institute (UMI) Kampala, starting at 09:00 am.